I am so excited to announce a new series on Glamour & Grace today called Heirloom Inspiration. I will be going through all the fabulous heirlooms you may have passed down from your family and showing great ways to feature them in your wedding. Up first are vintage mirrors! I have this really gorgeous mirror that I received after my Nana passed that I have long thought would be a fabulous piece at a wedding. Mirrors, especially meaningful vintage ones, add tons of character to an event. So here they are, 6 fabulous ways to use vintage mirrors on your wedding day!
1. Table Numbers – This is probably one of my all time favorite table number ideas! Small table mirrors are perfect for this and such a conversation piece!
2. Escort Display – I love these two ways of utilizing mirrors for escort displays. Either as a cute sign, or for a larger mirror using the mirror itself. This couple made it easy and printed off their names and then placed it on this statement piece mirror for a beautiful look.
3. Guest Book – A lovely mirror set up at your guest book is a wonderful addition. You can even take it a step further and have guests sign the mirror with a glass safe pen.
4. Program – I fell in love with this idea of a hanging mirror near the ceremony for the programs. No need to waste paper and the look is gorgeous.
5. Signage – If you have a larger piece it is a great idea to use for signage. Welcome your guests with your favorite piece or try your monogram or writing out a meaningful quote.
6. Decoration – Worry about writing on it? Use your mirror along with some other great pieces to set up a beautiful cake display or lounge area.
What do you think? Would you want to use vintage mirrors for your big day? If you love the look but don’t have a family piece to use, there are many vintage rental companies that have great pieces like these for rent.